ant-user mailing list archives

From jdeisenberg <catc...@catcode.com>
Subject Re: XML Parser give "bad version number in .class file"
Date Wed, 12 Aug 2009 00:17:49 GMT

jdeisenberg wrote:

> Steve Loughran wrote:
>> Scot P. Floess wrote:
>>> so unless you are setting any kind of factory for the xml parser, it
>>> should use the stock XML parser that comes with Java.
>>>
>> ant -diagnostics finds the XML parser
>>

> That's the problem. diagnostics ends with this
>     -------------------------------------------
>       XML Parser information
>     -------------------------------------------
>     Bad version number in .class file

ooh. That's cute. I think Ant needs to handle that better.

0. What is printed up to that point?

See first post in the thread; I don't want to copy/paste that entire text.

1. what does java -version say

See  previous posts, but this is short enough to paste:

david@localhost java]$ java -version
java version "1.5.0_15"
Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.5.0_15-b04)
Java HotSpot(TM) Server VM (build 1.5.0_15-b04, mixed mode)

2. what's in ANT_HOME/lib

Nothing; there is no ANT_HOME defined

3. what's JAVA_HOME, and in JAVA_HOME/lib or $JAVA_HOME/jre/lib ?

[david@localhost java]$ echo $JAVA_HOME
/usr/lib/jvm/java
[david@localhost java]$ ls $JAVA_HOME/lib
dt.jar  htmlconverter.jar  ir.idl  jconsole.jar  orb.idl  sa-jdi.jar
tools.jar
[david@localhost java]$ ls $JAVA_HOME/jre/lib
applet/                               fontconfig.Turbo.8.0.bfc
audio/                                fontconfig.Turbo.8.0.properties.src
charsets.jar                          fontconfig.Turbo.bfc
classlist                             fontconfig.Turbo.properties.src
cmm/                                  font.properties@
content-types.properties              fonts/
deploy/                               i386/
deploy.jar                            im/
endorsed/                             images/
ext/                                  java-1.5.0-sun-java.desktop
flavormap.properties                  javaws/
fontconfig.bfc                        javaws.jar
fontconfig.properties.src             jce.jar
fontconfig.RedHat.2.1.bfc             jsse.jar
fontconfig.RedHat.2.1.properties.src  jvm.hprof.txt
fontconfig.RedHat.3.bfc               locale/
fontconfig.RedHat.3.properties.src    logging.properties
fontconfig.RedHat.8.0.bfc             management/
fontconfig.RedHat.8.0.properties.src  net.properties
fontconfig.RedHat.9.0.bfc             oblique-fonts/
fontconfig.RedHat.9.0.properties.src  plugin.jar
fontconfig.RedHat.bfc                 psfontj2d.properties
fontconfig.RedHat.properties.src      psfont.properties.ja
fontconfig.Sun.2003.bfc               rt.jar
fontconfig.Sun.2003.properties.src    security/
fontconfig.Sun.bfc                    sharedmimeinfo
fontconfig.Sun.properties.src         sound.properties
fontconfig.SuSE.bfc                   tools.jar
fontconfig.SuSE.properties.src        zi/