ant-user mailing list archives

From Brian Pontarelli <br...@pontarelli.com>
Subject Re: Unable to delete file
Date Tue, 18 Aug 2009 18:03:29 GMT

Another option is using Savant. Savant provides a nice wrapper around
Ant that allows you to create plugins which can be used between
projects. The plugins are simply Ant build scripts which are
downloaded prior to executing Ant. It also allows you to create
targets specific to your project or define all your targets inside
your project without using any plugins.

Lastly, Savant manages dependencies well and doesn't do any magic
upgrading or version mangling. All dependencies are explicit and it
also has a notion of local integration builds that allow you to work
across multiple projects easily.

You can also setup local Savant repository to ensure all your
dependencies are secure and Savant also allows you to secure the
repository using SSL and HTTP basic authentication.

For all the Inversoft projects I use two separate repositories with
Savant:

	http://savant.inversoft.org  - for all 3rd party and open source
dependencies as well as the standard Savant plugins (uses HTTP only
with no authentication)

	https://savant.inversoft.com - for Inversoft dependencies (uses SSL
and HTTP basic authentication)

-bp