ant-user mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Problems using tarfileset to set a directory's mode
Date Tue, 21 Jul 2009 04:12:57 GMT
On 2009-07-21, Matthew Wyatt <matthew.a.wyatt@gmail.com> wrote:

>     <tar destfile="my-tar-file.tar.gz" compression="gzip">
>       <tarfileset dir="${tgt.TARGET_DIR}" uid="999" gid="99">
>         <exclude name="**/Verify"/> <!-- probably redundant with the
> following exclude: -->
>         <exclude name="**/Verify/*"/>
>       </tarfileset>
>       <tarfileset dir="${tgt.TARGET_DIR}" uid="999" gid="99" mode="777">
>         <include name="Verify"/>
>         <include name="**/Verify/*"/>
>       </tarfileset>
>     </tar>

> I'd like the Verify/ *directory* in the tar file to be set to 777, but it's
> always 755.

The mode attribute of tar's nested tarfileset element corresponds to
the more general tarfileset's filemode attribute, this means you are
explicitly setting the mode for plain files only.  To specify the mode
for directories you must use the dirmode attribute.

Just saw the examples in tar's manual page are still using mode
instead of filemode and will fix it in svn.

Stefan