ant-user mailing list archives

From Avlesh Singh <avl...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: help to find not replaced variables
Date Wed, 22 Jul 2009 18:33:41 GMT
You basically need to find (or grep) all occurrences of @(.*)@ in your
files, once the replace task was performed. Right?
If yes, I can think of two solutions:

   1. Use a Antelope's grep task.
   http://antelope.tigris.org/nonav/docs/manual/bk03ch22.html
   2. Call an exec task (http://ant.apache.org/manual/CoreTasks/exec.html)
   once your replace task is done. Within the exec "grep" for files to find out
   the ones which data matching the @(.*)@ pattern. Here's a sample code

<target name="findNonReplacedTokens">
>   <exec executable="grep" output="not-replaced.txt">
>    <arg line="-r @(.*)@ /path/to/your/directory/."/>
>  </exec>
> </target>

Your "not-replaced.txt" file (created after calling this task) will have all
the files and their corresponding lines in which such tokens were not
replaced. You can additionally run a "uniq" command on this file, to find
out what distinct patterns really needed to be defined as properties in your
build property file.

I have assumed that you can execute the grep command on your system.
Hope this helps.

Cheers
Avlesh