ant-user mailing list archives

From David Weintraub <>
Subject Re: Use ANT to stop / start a java service wrapper (JBoss)
Date Tue, 21 Jul 2009 15:02:56 GMT
Ant can run <java> tasks (which is what you want with JBoss). JBoss
has a Java API that allows you to start, stop, and deploy in it. You
can also use the JBoss API to query the server state.

You'll have to write a small Java program to do this for you, but then
you can run it with the <java> task.

If that's more than you want, you can also use the shell scripts to
start and stop JBoss using the <exec> commands. However, you'll have
to wait for enough time for the server to start and stop.