ant-user mailing list archives

From David Weintraub <qazw...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Use ANT to stop / start a java service wrapper (JBoss)
Date Tue, 21 Jul 2009 15:02:56 GMT
Ant can run <java> tasks (which is what you want with JBoss). JBoss
has a Java API that allows you to start, stop, and deploy in it. You
can also use the JBoss API to query the server state.

You'll have to write a small Java program to do this for you, but then
you can run it with the <java> task.

If that's more than you want, you can also use the shell scripts to
start and stop JBoss using the <exec> commands. However, you'll have
to wait for enough time for the server to start and stop.

On Mon, Jul 20, 2009 at 4:25 PM, Nafter<HdOude@allshare.nl> wrote:

> I would like to do some remote deployment.
> My applications is running within JBoss. This JBoss installation is running
> under a java service wrapper.
>
> The things I would like to do is the following:
> 1] stop java service wrapper (which will automatically stop the JBoss)
> 2] redeploy new content (WAR file)
> 3] start java service wrapper again (which will automaticcally start the
> JBoss again).
>
> How can ANT help me with this? Does somebody know that?
> Thx.
> --

David Weintraub
qazwart@gmail.com