ant-user mailing list archives

From David Weintraub <qazw...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Ant 1.7: unzip with overwrite set to 'false' is overwriting files
Date Wed, 08 Jul 2009 18:05:55 GMT
Quick question: What is the timestamp on these files?

If you set the overwrite parameter to false, it may be overwriting
files that have an OLDER timestamp than the file that's replacing it.

The description of this parameter is:

    Overwrite files, even if they are newer than the corresponding entries
    in the archive (true or false, default is true).

I'll have to examine the Ant source code to see exactly what it is doing.

On Wed, Jul 8, 2009 at 11:27 AM, rdblaha1<rd_blaha@hotmail.com> wrote:

> I have the following code in my xml Ant file:
>
>        <unzip dest="${APPLICATION_DIRECTORY}" overwrite="false">
>                <fileset dir="${TMP_DIR}">
>                        <include name="*.zip"/>
>                </fileset>
>        </unzip>
>
> Yet in my output I see that three files existing in my config directory are
> overwritten when the unzip occurs.
>
>    [unzip] expanding config/setup1.properties to
> c:\application\config\setup1.properties
>    [unzip] expanding config/setup2.properties to
> c:\application\config\setup2.properties
>    [unzip] expanding config/setup3.properties to
> c:\application\config\setup3.properties
>
> How is the overwrite attribute suppose to work if this syntax is correct?
>
> --

David Weintraub
qazwart@gmail.com