ant-user mailing list archives

From Jean-Noël Rivasseau <elva...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to pass Java system properties to a task defined in a taskdef ?
Date Thu, 23 Jul 2009 18:25:41 GMT
Hmm. My original question was completely misunderstood. Here is what I am
doing:

ant -Duser.home="bar"

The build file looks like this:

<echo message="${user.home}" />
<taskdef name="mytask" classname="com.example.Test" />
<mytask />

Then the code in Test.java goes like this:

System.out.println("Property: " + System.getProperty("user.home"));

The result of the Ant echo message is what I expected (eg, it prints out
bar). However when the mytask task is ran, /home/elvanor is printed out...
and I need to have the user.home property set for mytask ! Why this happens
and what can I do about it?

Jean-Noel