ant-user mailing list archives

From "Scot P. Floess" <sflo...@nc.rr.com>
Subject Re: Help On delimiter attribute in for task...
Date Sun, 26 Jul 2009 14:04:30 GMT

Again, I haven't tested this but based on the online docs for the "for"
and "foreach" I read this:

"The delimiter characters that separates the values in the "list"
attribute. Each character in the supplied string can act as a delimiter.
This follows the semantics of the StringTokenizer class."

However - I just ran a test and its not working...

So I used \\r\\n - it didn't break the lines up correctly.

On Sun, 26 Jul 2009, Raagu wrote:

> No.. If we write "\r\n" , then it will take both 'r' and 'n' as delimiters ..
> So it cant distinguish end of line..
> In @{letter} I am getting whole file content..
>
> Btw In project properties file , the output of "dir /b" will be there....
> That is all d directories in that directory will be there..
>

> Raagu wrote:
>>
>> Hello I have an ant script which reads from file "project.properties"
>>
>> The code snippet is below
>>
>> <loadfile property="src" srcFile="project.properties" />
>> <fixcrlf file="project.properties" eol="dos" fixlast="true" />
>> <for param="letter" list="${src}" delimiter="">
>>  <sequential>
>>    <echo>@{letter}</echo>
>> </sequential>
>> </for>
>>
>> I want to read line by line. I am not getting what should I give in the
>> delititer attribute of for task..
>> pls tel me  the delimiter attribute value so that for each loop @{letter}
>> contains one line from from file..
>>

> --