ant-user mailing list archives

From "Scot P. Floess" <sflo...@nc.rr.com>
Subject RE: how to do conditional processing in ant
Date Mon, 20 Jul 2009 02:08:36 GMT
If you specify a directory, the contents of that directory are
copied...meaning all the files will be copied :)

On Sun, 19 Jul 2009, Edumudi Viswanath wrote:

> Hi Scot P. Floess,
>
> thank you very much for your reply.
>
> ya, xyz folder contains dev/sit/prod/uat.
>
> with <copy  file = "xyz/${envv}/${ssltype}/ "  toDir = "xyz"/>, i can copy only
one file.

> but in my case, i need to copy more than one file from "xyz/${envv}/${ssltype}" to "xyz".
>
> in that case, how can i copy more than one file from the folder xyz/${envv}/${ssltype}/
to xyz?

> thanks in advance.
>
> Regards,
> vishy
>

> It looks to me as if you provide enough information within your
> environment variables to do the job - nothing conditional about it...

 ant -Denvv=sit  -Dssltype=1SSL  eardirect

>> Xyz folder contains (dev,prod,sit,uat)
>>  Dev folder contains (1ssl & 2ssl)
>> 	1ssl folder contains
>>
>> 		1.txt
>> 		2.txt
>>
>> 	2ssl
>>
>> 		1.txt
>> 		2.txt
>>  Sit folder contains
>> 	1ssl folder contains
>>
>> 		1.txt
>> 		2.txt
>>
>> 	2ssl
>>
>> 		1.txt
>> 		2.txt
>>
>>  Prod folder contains
>> 	1ssl folder contains
>>
>> 		1.txt
>> 		2.txt
>>
>> 	2ssl
>>
>> 		1.txt
>> 		2.txt
>>
>>  Uat folder contains
>> 	1ssl folder contains
>>
>> 		1.txt
>> 		2.txt
>>
>> 	2ssl
>>
>> 		1.txt
>> 		2.txt
>>

>> Now, based on given envv & ssltype, it should copy files from xyz/sit/1ssl to
xyz/.

>> To do this copy task, ant must use some kind of conditional processing. Based on
that decision, It needs to copy files from that particular folder to xyz folder.

           ( where eardirect is a task name I defined in ant)

I can access each environment in 2 different ways like 1 way SSL & 2 way SSL. So user
may give envv from PROD/SIT/UAT/DEV  and  ssltype from 1SSL/2SSL.

ssltype=1SSL, I need to copy some files from xyz/1ssl/  folder  to  xyz/  folder" here I should
use some conditional logic. Is there any coretask available in ANT to do this ?