ant-user mailing list archives

From Cyril Sagan <cyril.sa...@gmail.com>
Subject Accessing "components" of fileset refid?
Date Wed, 01 Jul 2009 20:45:21 GMT
*SUMMARY:  Is there any Ant interface to the "components" of a fileset
reference?*

Consider this Ant snippet:

   <fileset id="my_files" dir="${top_dir}">
       <include name="${include_stuff_1}" />
       <include name="${include_stuff_2}" />
       <include name="${include_stuff_3}" />
       <exclude name="${exclude_pattern}" />
   </fileset>

The "my_files" reference should encompass all the state of the fileset to
which it refers.  As such, I should be able to get properties of the
fileset.  Possibly like this:  ${refid:my_files.dir}

Does such an interface exist?

And yes, I do have a reason for wanting this support.  Our build system
provides a general infrastructure which all projects share, by <import/>'ing
a common Ant library.  In one case a fileset is assembled in the common
layer and "returned" to a users's build.xml through a known fileset
reference.  Ideally, the fileset reference would be the only interface
between the "user" and "common" layers.  But, unfortunately, some operations
which want to use the fileset refid must also know the fileset base
directory, which I think, should be available since it is an attribute of
the fileset.

I'd appreciate comments from the Ant experts.

Thanks.

--Cyril