ant-user mailing list archives

From Nestor Dutko <nestor.du...@gmail.com>
Subject RE: Overriding previous definition of reference to ...
Date Wed, 22 Jul 2009 16:28:48 GMT
Trying to determine the cost of picking up ant 1.7.0, I tried this and found
now that I get the warning -

Warning: Reference ocm.jsse.classpath has not been set at runtime, but was
found during
build file parsing, attempting to resolve. Future versions of Ant may
support
 referencing ids defined in non-executed targets.

Is this just not going away?

-----Original Message-----
From: Stefan Bodewig [mailto:bodewig@apache.org]
Sent: Wednesday, July 22, 2009 10:06 AM
To: user@ant.apache.org
Subject: Re: Overriding previous definition of reference to ...

On 2009-07-22, Nestor Dutko <nestor.dutko@gmail.com> wrote:

> I understand that <path id=...> structures are not interpretted at runtime
> but are parsed

[in 1.6.x, this has changed in 1.7.x]

> and this is where the message is coming from. Is there a way to
> prevent this from occurring and yet retain the centralized
> definition of constants such that they can be used from within
> subprojects when they are built or the overall project build is
> invoked?

No, in particular not with

> I should mention that I am using Ant 1.6.2 and have to for a number of
> reasons.

8-)

Later versions should detect that the two path instances are actually
the same - and Ant 1.7.0 would at least move the warning message to
the -verbose level.

The warning itself is harmless in your case, but there is no way to
avoid it.

Stefan