ant-user mailing list archives

From "Patnaik, Anjela" <APatn...@ciena.com>
Subject how to use ant to create a package (unix/solaris)
Date Thu, 02 Jul 2009 15:03:04 GMT
Hello all,

I've a java application that is built using ant. Now, this app also includes config files,
text files, shell scripts, etc. and I am looking to package all these files somehow and use
pkgmk to generate a solaris package.

I'd then install the package on a separate solaris machine using pkgadd.

I saw in the mailing archives that someone had written a custom task to run pkgmk via ant.

There is also ant's exec task, but I am unsure how to use it to generate the package prototype,
pkgingo and the package.

I've access to ant 1.5 thru 1.7.

Any pointers or examples will be appreciated!

Thank you!!