ant-user mailing list archives

From "Ina, Antoine" <antoine....@philips.com>
Subject RE: uptodate when it isn't
Date Thu, 02 Jul 2009 20:45:18 GMT
Hello All,
I am a new ant user and I need help solving the following problem:
I have 3 microsoft visual studio solution files A.sln, B.sln

I'd like to be able to say in ant that
- solution A--->depends on solution B
- solution A--->depends on solution C
- build B only if B changed.
- do not build C if C did not change

Can we do this in ant??? or is the answer in a super solution file that includes all the solutions
in the project????
Regards,
Antoine Ina

-----Original Message-----
From: Dominique Devienne [mailto:ddevienne@gmail.com]
Sent: 2009 Jul 02 2:52 PM
To: Ant Users List
Subject: Re: uptodate when it isn't

On Thu, Jul 2, 2009 at 12:21 PM, Andy
Stevens<insomniacpenguin@googlemail.com> wrote:
> I've got a bit of a puzzle with an uptodate task, and I'm hoping I've
> just missed something obvious...

To cut to the chase, do yourself a favor and use Ant-Contrib's <outofdate>.

If you want to keep using <uptodate>, run in verbose mode (-v) and you
should see what uptodate is up to (pun intended :) --DD

The information contained in this message may be confidential and legally protected under
applicable law. The message is intended solely for the addressee(s). If you are not the intended
recipient, you are hereby notified that any use, forwarding, dissemination, or reproduction
of this message is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you are not the intended recipient,
please contact the sender by return e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message.