ant-user mailing list archives

From Dominique Devienne <ddevie...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Cross-compiler cpptasks
Date Mon, 13 Jul 2009 21:07:54 GMT
On Mon, Jul 13, 2009 at 10:44 AM, Blank, Roman<roman.blank@lmco.com> wrote:
> I need to use a compiler that is not supported for the cc task.
>
> I'm currently using the <cc name="gcc" />  task for example and I need to replace
the gcc compiler with another one that is not supported on that list.  Does anyone know of
how I can do that?

You must write code in CppTasks itself to do that, as CppTasks is not
extensible from the "outside" in that regard AFAIK. I had to do it
once, several years ago, to support SUN's C compiler (cc, not CC,
their C++ compiler) on Solaris, and from my vague recollection is was
mostly a copy/paste job for the compiler/linker code, with easy to
find places where to register them. I'm no longer with that company,
so I can't provide a diff as example of adding a compiler, sorry. But
maybe CppTasks's own CVS repo has that diff in fact? --DD