ant-user mailing list archives

From jmwap <jmugur...@gmail.com>
Subject PermGen OOM, many java.sql.DriverInfo instances
Date Fri, 31 Jul 2009 09:09:34 GMT

Hi,

My env is jdk1.6.0, ant 1.7.1 in vista. I am having
java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: PermGen
when I run my tests driven by ant. My ant files are quite complex, having
many ant, antcall, macrodef etc. I create an hprof file when the OOM occurs,
and by opening it with eclipse memory analizer I can see this:

1.375 instances of "org.apache.tools.ant.AntClassLoader", loaded by
"sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader @ 0x51105c8" occupy 119.877.816 (46,73%)
bytes. These instances are referenced from one instance of
"java.lang.Object[]", loaded by "<system class loader>"

1.367 instances of "java.util.PropertyResourceBundle", loaded by "<system
class loader>" occupy 117.230.856 (45,70%) bytes. These instances are
referenced from one instance of
"java.util.concurrent.ConcurrentHashMap$Segment[]", loaded by "<system class
loader>"

any idea what might be the cause?

thanks in advance
javier