ant-user mailing list archives

From starkc <sta...@tessco.com>
Subject Re: ant unable to find build.xml in another directory?
Date Mon, 13 Jul 2009 14:30:30 GMT

Stefan Bodewig wrote:

> On 2009-07-10, starkc <starkc@tessco.com> wrote:
>
>> Stefan Bodewig wrote:
>
> Maybe there is an ant.bat somewhere prior to c:\dev-jboss\ant\bin in
> your PATH?

So far I have been unable to locate any other ant.bat in the path that would
interfere.  The one possible exception is that the script being used to
actually set up the build environment is called ant.bat, but it specifies
command line options that I believe run ant (-Dant.home="c:\dev-jboss\ant",
etc...).  Not sure on this though.  Ant certainly runs, just not from other
directories...

The scenario I will try to strip down is as follows:  The local ant.bat
calls setenv.bat (which sets up environment variables only), and then calls
java with the specific ant command line parameters.  From there, the
ant+build.xml takes over, if I understand correctly how this works.