ant-user mailing list archives

From rdblaha1 <rd_bl...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Ant 1.7: unzip with overwrite set to 'false' is overwriting files
Date Wed, 08 Jul 2009 17:32:53 GMT

Initial problem solved, but leaves questions from this newbie.

I modified the code by adding the patternset:

	<unzip dest="${APPLICATION_DIRECTORY}" overwrite="false">
		<patternset>
			<exclude name="config/*.properties"/>
		</patternset>
		<fileset dir="${TMP_DIR}">
			<include name="*.zip"/>
		</fileset>
	</unzip>

This cleared up my problem, but leaves the question yet unanswered and
solicits another.

1) How is the overwrite attribute suppose to work if the original syntax is
correct?

2) If I need to include the patternset to exclude the files from being
deleted what use is even establishing the overwrite attribute?