ant-user mailing list archives

From weiji <nabbl...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: run script after ant finished
Date Thu, 02 Jul 2009 00:12:04 GMT

I have a somewhat similar situation - what I did was create a shell script
that invokes ant, and I simply invoke ant twice - the first one is a target
to get the latest versions of the build files (build.xml and some property
files, etc) which updates itself, then the next call does the build.  The
second ant invocation uses the new files.  The script doesn't check if it's
up to date or not; it simply does an update each time.

I don't run into the problem of a file being locked - I don't know why that
would be.  We are using this setup on linux boxes (for the build machines)
as well as developer systems running XP/Vista.  The SCM is Perforce and I'm
using the p4sync task - maybe that's the reason?  Hopefully I understood
your situation...

HTH,
KaJun