ant-user mailing list archives

From David Weintraub <qazw...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Using regular expressions to select files when using ant copy task
Date Wed, 24 Jun 2009 16:07:14 GMT
I've played around with this, and containsregexp does select files
based upon content and not the name of the file. There might be a way
around this by using the <scriptselector>. Unfortunately, I don't know
JavaScript or Apache BSF well enough to figure out how this might
work.

Does anyone know Javascript well enough to help out?

An example of a <scriptselector> based upon the length of the name is
shown here:

<http://ant.apache.org/manual/CoreTypes/selectors.html#scriptselector>

On Tue, Jun 23, 2009 at 4:42 PM, Jack Blan<anandtheboss@ymail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have 'src' folder and a 'dest' folder.  The 'src' folder has the following
> files:
> 1) ans_key.tif
> 2) arrow.tif
> 3) eqn_y=x+1.tif
> 4) re teach.tif
> 5) ab+cd.tif
>
> I want to copy all files that conform to a naming convention to 'dest'
> folder.  The rules are simple: only allowed characters in file names are
> a-z, A-Z, 0-9, dash(-), underscore(_) and period(.).  Which means, I want
> only files 1 and 2 to be copied over to 'dest'.  For this purpose, I wrote
> the following build.xml:
>
> <project name="name of project" default="copy_graphics" basedir=".">
>    <target name="copy_graphics" description="Copy Graphics">
>        <copy overwrite="true" todir="dest">
>            <fileset dir="src" includes="**/*.tif">
>                <containsregexp expression="^[a-zA-Z0-9\._-]+$"/>
>            </fileset>
>        </copy>
>    </target>
> </project>
>
> But it didn't work.  What's more confusing is except for file 2 (arrow.tif
> ), all others get copied.
>
> I read in one of the forums that <containsregexp> looks in the content
> rather than the filename.  So I tried playing around various combinations
> of:
>            <fileset dir="src">
>                <filename name="**/^[a-zA-Z0-9\._-]+\.tif$"/>
>            </fileset>
>
> That didn't work either.  Can anybody please help?
>
> Thanks!
>
> --

David Weintraub
qazwart@gmail.com