ant-user mailing list archives

From David Weintraub <qazw...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Abort build with successful status
Date Mon, 15 Jun 2009 18:43:25 GMT
Can you be more specific what you want to do?

In what circumstance do you want to suddenly stop  your build process, but
consider it a success?

Let's say you want to do "A", "B", and "C" as three tasks in a build, can't
you simply make them targets with dependencies: "C" depends upon "B" and "B"
depends upon "A". If I don't want to run "C", I can merely say run target
"B".

Let's say that I want to do "A", "B", and "C", but "C" is mainly a testing
task, and if the server isn't available for testing, I just want to forget
about it. In that case, I can make "C" dependent upon "C-prime" and only run
"C" if "C-prime" is successful. In that case, I have "C-prime" set a
property, and if the property isn't set, I don't execute "C":

<target name="C"
    depends="C-Prime"
    if="C-Prime.ran.successfully">

On Mon, Jun 15, 2009 at 1:18 AM, Shawn Castrianni <

--
David Weintraub
qazwart@gmail.com