ant-user mailing list archives

From David Weintraub <qazw...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: relative path
Date Thu, 11 Jun 2009 12:59:40 GMT
Is this Ant "library" build file included with the <import> task?

If this is the case, the imported tasks will behave as if they're in the
original build file. From the Ant Manual in the <import> task:

I*mported files are treated as they are present in the main buildfile.*

Otherwise, if you used <ant> or <subant>, you will need to pass the base
directory as a parameter:

<ant target="sometarget"
    dir="${some.dir}">
    <param name="calling.basedir" value="${basedir}/>
</ant>

Now, in the "library" build.xml file, you'd use ${calling.basedir} instead
of ${basedir}.

I recommend using <import> for common tasks. I've had quite a bit of success
defining my main targets ("clean", "compile", "package", "test") in an
<import> build.xml, and having the developers use that. It makes creating
the project's build.xml much easier and there is less code repetition.

--
David Weintraub
qazwart@gmail.com