ant-user mailing list archives

From David Weintraub <qazw...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Use of Sleep
Date Mon, 01 Jun 2009 19:49:16 GMT
On Mon, Jun 1, 2009 at 3:42 PM, Eric Fetzer <elstonkers@yahoo.com> wrote:

> This is the weekly build I'm referring to rather than the CC builds.  I
> really need to be sure it's clean.  If one file gets removed from the code
> repository (*StarTeam *for us),

Oh, StarTeam...

That explains everything. Yeah, you can't do just an update in StarTeam and
know that your build artifacts are in order. StarTeam does not remove
deleted files or directories -- at least on a consistent basis.

I've used Perforce, Subversion, and even CVS, and haven't had a problem with
using an "update" vs. a "checkout" as long as I follow a few basic rules
(don't modify files stored in the revision control system during the build
process, do a good clean before a build, and try not to mix your built
objects from your source code). However, StarTeam gets me every time.

--
David Weintraub
qazwart@gmail.com