ant-user mailing list archives

From "Ballment, John" <John_Ballm...@pacificnational.com.au>
Subject ANT StarTeam Testers needed
Date Tue, 23 Jun 2009 03:32:26 GMT
Hi,

I've made some rather significant changes to the ANT StarTeam Check Out
task and I'm looking for some users to test it.  The changes I've made
are for the following cases in BugZilla:

33507 - Need way to have files retrieved via the <stcheckout> task be
read-only

39926 - StarTeam tasks to identify themselves as Ant + version number to
the StarTeam Server

40995 - StarTeam checkout support Promotion State

40946 - stcheckout ignores convertEOL when used with "asofdate"

46326 - Use Starteam MPX Cache Agent for Checkouts

46327 - Use cache credentials (optional) for logging in rather than
having scripts with hardcoded passwords

The main guts of the StarTeam Check Out task has been rewritten to
Borland SDK CheckOutManager which can deliver better performance than
checking out files on an individual basis like the existing ANT task.
Another advantage of using the CheckOutManager is that it is MPX Message
Broker and MPX Cache Agent aware.  Other enhancements added whether for
encrypted connections to the StarTeam Server and (optional) optimise for
slow connection (Delta Checkouts).

If anyone is interested in testing/using this new task, please pop me an
email and I'll send you the source/jar.

Regards,

John.

unauthorized and may be illegal.
Opinions, conclusions, views and other information in this
message
that do not relate to the official business of Pacific National
are the views of the individual sender and shall be understood as
neither given nor endorsed by Pacific National.