ant-user mailing list archives

From Gilbert Rebhan <...@schillbaer.de>
Subject Re: <isset> oddity
Date Wed, 17 Jun 2009 20:44:31 GMT
Stefan Bodewig schrieb:
> On 2009-06-17, Rebhan, Gilbert wrote:
>
>> It wasn't an issue with jdk, but the processNode Method in XmlProperty
>
>> if (nodeText.trim().length() != 0 || emptyNode) {
>>                 addProperty(prefix, nodeText, id);
>>             }
>
>> when trim removes all white spaces, so it works with
>
>> if (nodeText.trim().length() >= 0 || emptyNode) {
>>                 addProperty(prefix, nodeText, id);
>>             }
>
>> Works with ant 1.7.1, jdk 1.5.0_11 and jdk 1.6.0_07 on Windows 2000
>> Have to recheck on my machine later ..
>
> I guess this is for convenience so that
>
> <foo></foo>
>
> and
>
> <foo/>
>
> mean the same thing as
>
> <foo>
> </foo>
>
> (it's not that likely that people actually want a value of newline).
>
> Maybe we need some sort of flag?

hmm, i just checked on my private machine - OpenSUSE 11.1/64bit
with jdk 1.5.0_18 and jdk 1.6.0_13 and the same propertyfiles,
means <xmlkey> <xmlkey/> and txtkey=*blank*
but the patch has no impact, still the same output !?

Using a " " property may not be of practical importance, but the
behaviour should be the same for txtproperty and xmlproperty,
it is, but diametrical =

on my LinuxBox (jdk 5 +6, the same behavior already with ant 1.6.5)
[echo] ${xmlkey} == ${xmlkey}
[echo] ${txtkey} == ${txtkey}
[echo] xmlkey not set
[echo] txtkey not set

and on Windows and AIX (jdk 5 + 6)
[echo] ${xmlkey} ==
[echo] ${txtkey} ==
[echo] xmlkey set
[echo] txtkey set

maybe a 32bit <> 64bit issue ?
Right now i have no 32bit Linux around to check ..

Can someone confirm my investigations ?

Regards, Gilbert