ant-user mailing list archives

From Gilbert Rebhan <...@schillbaer.de>
Subject Re: AW: ant 1.7.1 bug in <record> with antcall !?
Date Wed, 10 Jun 2009 20:06:59 GMT

Hi Markus,

Grimm, Markus schrieb:
> Hi Gilbert,
>
> at that time I found a workaround for my problem at
> http://marc.info/?l=ant-user&m=123900769210029&w=2
>
> If we look at the same sample script, so you have to open the log-file in the first target,
that is
> executed and close it in the last target:
[...]
> Now it works!
> Hope that helps...

thanks for your response, the workmate changed his scripts like that :

before with ant 1.6.5 =
<record .... action=start append=true"/>
<antcall>
<copy> of the log to ../logs/someotherfilename.log
<antcall>
<copy> of the log to ../logs/someotherfilename.log
... etc.

so he never called <record action="stop"/> to have the output from
<copy> also into the logfile

now after the problems when upgrading to ant 1.7.1, he tried :
<record .... action=start append=true">
<antcall>
<record ... action=stop append=true/>
<copy> of the log to ../logs/someotherfilename.log
<antcall>
<record ... action=stop append=true/>
<copy> of the log to ../logs/someotherfilename.log
... etc.

and now it works for him, but only if he uses <record action=stop
with append=true> , means <record action=stop> doesn't work and gives
an empty logilfe.

Regards, Gilbert