ant-user mailing list archives

From Shawn Castrianni <Shawn.Castria...@halliburton.com>
Subject run script after ant finished
Date Tue, 23 Jun 2009 22:55:28 GMT
Is there a way to run something after ANT has finished with log output?  I am trying to implement
an auto-update feature of my ant scripts.  They are in a SVN sandbox that all my users checkout.
 I would like the ANT scripts to check if the user's sandbox is up to date and run svn update
if not.  The problem is that you can't update yourself since some files will be locked by
the OS since they are in use at the time.  So I was thinking I could run the svn update command
after ANT has completed the up to date check of the sandbox.  I did this using the java svn
client and the spawn/fork options of the java task.  The spawn/fork options allow this svn
update command to outlive the ANT process which allows the ANT process to die unlocking the
files allowing them to be updated.  Everything works well except the spawn/fork options prevent
the output of the svn update command from displaying in the console.  I would like the end
user to see the update take place to know when it is complete.  Anybody have any ideas?

---
Shawn Castrianni

and delete all copies of this message.