ant-user mailing list archives

From Shawn Castrianni <Shawn.Castria...@halliburton.com>
Subject RE: ANT enhancements
Date Mon, 15 Jun 2009 17:44:29 GMT
Yes, I use antcontrib extensively.  All of this should be added to ANT proper.

However, this doesn't help with my item #2 since the only way to stop any dependent targets
it to put an if/else throughout all dependent targets.  It would be much more efficient to
do something like my #2 request.

---
Shawn Castrianni

-----Original Message-----
From: David Weintraub [mailto:qazwart@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, June 15, 2009 12:27 PM
To: Ant Users List
Subject: Re: ANT enhancements

You might be interested in the AntContrib package. This package allows you
to include full if/else logic inside a target without having to define a
separate targets.

<target name="my.target">
   <if>
     <condition.../>
     <then>
         <yadda, yadda, yadda/>
     </then>
    <else>
        <blah, blah, blah/>
   </else>
  <if>
  <and so on.../>
</target>

The big disadvantage of AntContrib is that you have to install it in
addition to Ant. Yes, AntContrib is just a single Jarfile, but it's an extra
step that many developers simply don't do, and then want to know why your
Ant script doesn't work.

Ant Contrib also contains all sorts of nice to have tasks (such as
try/throw, forloops,

Take a look at <http://ant-contrib.sourceforge.net/tasks/tasks/index.html>.

On Mon, Jun 15, 2009 at 12:56 AM, Shawn Castrianni <

--
David Weintraub
qazwart@gmail.com