ant-user mailing list archives

From Shawn Castrianni <Shawn.Castria...@halliburton.com>
Subject echoxml task append attribute useless?
Date Mon, 01 Jun 2009 06:49:45 GMT
The echoxml task has an append attribute which seems useless to me.  Since the children xml
tags of the <echoxml> tag itself is used for echoing AND those children xml tags are
part of the ANT build file too, they must be valid xml content.  Therefore, every start tag
must have a closing tag, including the root node.  If you have to close the root node, then
there is no way to append anything else.  It is too late.  Maybe I am supposed to enclose
the children tags with CDATA??

Nope, I just tried that and got a ClassCastException:

java.lang.ClassCastException: org.apache.xerces.dom.TextImpl cannot be cast to org.w3c.dom.Element

I think that in order for this append attribute to work, this task must allow both XML elements
AND XML text as children.  I see no other way.

Am I missing something?

---
Shawn Castrianni

and delete all copies of this message.