ant-user mailing list archives

From Dominique Devienne <ddevie...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Tests and Failures
Date Tue, 30 Jun 2009 16:34:46 GMT
On Tue, Jun 30, 2009 at 11:17 AM, Tennis Smith<tennis@tripit.com> wrote:
> This is about ant used with cruisecontrol, but I thought someone here may
> know the answer.  Nobody seems to know on the cc mailer.
>
> I have a few tests that will be shown as "Tests: 0, Failures: 0, Errors: 0,
> Duration: 0.0" in the dashboard's test suites report.  Generally, this is a
> poorly coded test or one that is commented out in the source.  So naturally
> we'd like to know when that happens.
>
> How can I make ant/CC determine this is a failing test and report it that
> way?

AFAIK, the link between CC and Ant is via an XML log file, and XSL
stylesheets that massage this XML to generate something else like your
dashboard report. (that's also what <junitreport> does BTW). You must
then change the way the XML is processed to generate your dashboard
report to look for and flag those entries. How you do that depends on
how this info appears in the XML (as elements/attributes, or simply
text). To avoid interfering with the existing transformation to the
reports, you could add a pre-transformation converting your 0/0/0/0.0
entries into actual failures (the way "normal" failures are typically
reported in the XML), doing an XML to XML transform of just those
nodes for your special "empty" tests, and feed this document to the
dashboard/CC. You might also be able to do the same think directly on
the Ant side (maybe by altering XMLLogger?), although I don't know
where to start with this. Without more knowledge of the "pipeline"
used by CC these days, I can't suggest more. --DD