ant-user mailing list archives

From jaybytez <>
Subject Ant works in Dos Window but not Cygwin Window
Date Tue, 09 Jun 2009 18:00:10 GMT

I just pulled down the latest 1.7.1 to try and resolve an issue I have been
having lately with my Ant instance 1.7.0.

I am not sure if I should really be posting this on Cygwin's forum, but I
can open an instance of DOS prompt and type ant -version and correctly get
the version echoed to the screen.  If I open up a cygwin window and type ant
-version, I get the following error:

$ ant -version
        at Method)
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(
        at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassInternal(

My ANT_HOME is set correctly, and I include ANT_HOME/bin in the PATH
environment variable as well.

Is there anything else I should be looking at to resolve this?

Thanks, jay

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message