ant-user mailing list archives

From Michael Ludwig <mil...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: factoring out commonality in sequences of tasks
Date Mon, 22 Jun 2009 21:03:39 GMT
jscripter schrieb am 22.06.2009 um 13:46:19 (-0700):

> Suppose I have an operation which deploys files and I have the option
> of deploying the files by copying them and deploying using symlinks:
>
> <target name="deploy-using-copy">
>   <task1>
>   <copy-files-2>
>   <task3>
>   <copy-files-4>
>   <task5>
> </target>
>
> <target name="deploy-using-link">
>   <task1>
>   <link-files-2>
>   <task3>
>   <link-files-4>
>   <task5>
> </target>
>
> What's the best way to factor out the commonality of these two
> targets?
>
> Note that <task1>, <task3>, etc. are going to be sequence of tasks and
> not just a single task element.
> (Is it possible to define a task which is a sequence of tasks?)

Would target/@depends work for you? You would then factor out your
series of tasks to a different target. Isn't a target just a processing
unit placed in the dependency graph?

  <target name="deploy-using-copy" depends="trg1,trg3,trg5">

  <target name="deploy-using-link" depends="trg1,trg3,trg5">

Michael Ludwig