ant-user mailing list archives

From "Knuplesch, Juergen" <Juergen.Knuple...@icongmbh.de>
Subject AW: ****SPAM**** cannot find symbol
Date Mon, 15 Jun 2009 14:09:56 GMT
Obviously you dont have some necessary jar files on your compile classpath.
 package org.eclipse.swt.widgets

You probably have this files on your Eclipse classpath / buildpath.
You have to add allof them to your compile classpath (see reference of javac task)

If you use Eclipse: You could also use Ant4Eclipse to get the classpath that Eclipse is using.

Greetings Juergen

--
J├╝rgen Knuplesch
-----Urspr├╝ngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Hungry Snail [mailto:centurion3@hotmail.com]
Gesendet: Montag, 15. Juni 2009 13:45
An: user@ant.apache.org
Betreff: ****SPAM**** cannot find symbol

Hi People.

I am trying to compile some files with ant but am getting the following errors.

 [javac] D:\Stats\src\org\selectbf\gui\ConfigurationDialog.java:32: package org.eclipse.swt.widgets
does not exist  [javac] import org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Text;
 [javac]                                ^
 [javac] D:\Stats\src\org\selectbf\gui\ConfigurationDialog.java:50: package org.eclipse.swt.widgets
does not exist  [javac] public class ConfigurationDialog extends org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Dialog
 [javac]                                                                 ^
 [javac] D:\Stats\src\org\selectbf\gui\ConfigurationDialog.java:53: cannot find symbol  [javac]
symbol  : class Shell  [javac] location: class org.selectbf.gui.ConfigurationDialog
 [javac]     private Shell dialogShell;
 [javac]             ^
 [javac] D:\Stats\src\org\selectbf\gui\ConfigurationDialog.java:54: cannot find symbol  [javac]
symbol  : class TabItem  [javac] location: class org.selectbf.gui.ConfigurationDialog
 [javac]     private TabItem generalTabItem;

In total there are 100 of these errors :-o.

As I have never used ant before, is there anything I can do to fix this?

Thanks in advance.