ant-user mailing list archives

From Avlesh Singh <avl...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Replacing build variables in my application property files
Date Tue, 26 May 2009 19:04:09 GMT

> You mentioned something about having to restore versioned files once
> the substitution is done. We don't have to do that because we don't
> touch the directories where the files are versioned. Instead, we copy
> all the files out to our "target" directory.

Right, I do restore the original version back.
I don't have a target location as such, as all I need to do is to create a
distributable "war". I get your point though. I still feel there should an
"ant way" of achieving this, where ant should replace all ${
build.property.name} with their corresponding values in specified files.

Are you by any chance doing MS Visual Studio builds?

Nope.

Cheers
Avlesh