ant-user mailing list archives

From David Weintraub <qazw...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Ant Install problems
Date Wed, 13 May 2009 20:47:01 GMT
Hmmm... Ant is a Java program. The "ant" command itself is a shell
script that assembles the Java command to run Ant. There's really not
much to install.

I had some problems with Ant on Fedora. Ant on Fedora was a
complicated affair and I couldn't get it to run my Java 1.6
installation. There was something called RPM_MODE that was messing
everything up,  so I simply downloaded Ant and set it up myself.

Try manually installing Ant. Go to http://ant.apache.org and download
the binary distribution. This is what I did:

1). Created a user called "ant", so I could simply set ANT_HOME=~ant.
Set ANT_HOME to /opt/ant-1.7.1 and downloaded and uncompressed Ant
there.

2). Did a symbolic link from $ANT_HOME/bin/ant to /usr/bin/ant.

3). Set up /etc/ant.conf to setup JAVA_HOME and ANT_HOME.

4). Add other Ant libraries to ANT_HOME/lib you need. I put the
AntContrib jarfile there.

And, that's it.

On Wed, May 13, 2009 at 4:00 PM, Samuel Lee <samlee@ncmir.ucsd.edu> wrote:
>> When trying to install Ant using the 'ant install' command on a Centos 5.2
>> box, I get the following error:
>

>    [echo] Errors connecting to DB
>    [echo] [No error if output is '${sql.exception}']: The <sql> type doesn't
> support the "expandproperties" attribute.
>
> Help!
>
> Sam

David Weintraub
qazwart@gmail.com