ant-user mailing list archives

From David Weintraub <qazw...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: fileset based on paths in file
Date Sun, 03 May 2009 03:10:56 GMT
Is this for a path or a fileset? There's a big difference. A path is
simply a collection of directories while a fileset selects files in a
directory.

If this is for a path, you could use a properties file and separate
those directories via a colon or semicolon.

If this is a fileset, you can try using the "includefile" attribute.
For example:

<fileset dir="/"
    includefile="${my.include.file}/>

And the include file will look like this:

home/dev/src/reporting/**
home/dev/src/common/**
home/testing/src/logger/**

On Sat, May 2, 2009 at 2:46 PM, Patrik Nagel <patrik.nagel@gmx.ch> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I would like to create a fileset based on paths which have no base directory
> in common. Additionally, the paths are stored in a text file.
>
> Such a text file might looks as follows:
> /home/dev/src/reporting
> /home/dev/src/common
> /home/testing/src/logger
>
> Is there a way to read the paths from the text file and "add" them to a
> fileset? Within this fileset I would apply a filename selector to collect
> all build.xml files. Note that the fileset is used as a child within an
> ivy:buildlist task.
>
> Any help would be appreciated!
>
> Regards,
> Patrik