ant-user mailing list archives

From "Cole, Derek E" <derek.e.c...@lmco.com>
Subject Demux output when running ant programmatically
Date Thu, 14 May 2009 19:58:55 GMT
Hello All!

I am trying to capture ALL of the output that comes when I am running my
build using the Ant API. I have associated a DefaultLogger with the ant
project, but that seems to miss a lot of the output from javac errors
and warnings. Any ideas how I can do this? I have tried to look into
using DemuxOutputStream but I must not be doing it right, because it is
still not being written into my log file.

This is what I had used before:

System.setOut(new PrintStream(new DemuxOutputStream(antproject,
false)));

System.setErr(new PrintStream(new DemuxOutputStream(antproject, true)));

This does at least keep it from all going to the file, but my
understanding is that DemuxOutputStream should redirect the output to
the antproject, which would then log it with my default logger..but its
not working like that. Any ideas?