ant-user mailing list archives

From "Cole, Derek E" <derek.e.c...@lmco.com>
Subject RE: API for setting a property reference?
Date Tue, 12 May 2009 15:27:18 GMT
Look at the property class in the Ant API. There is a setRefId method
that might do what you're talking about.

-----Original Message-----
From: John Francis [mailto:jfrancis@his.co.uk]
Sent: Tuesday, May 12, 2009 11:21 AM
To: user@ant.apache.org
Subject: API for setting a property reference?

Hi,

    Is there a way to programmatically (i.e. using the API) set the id
of a
property in Ant, so I can reference it via refid later on?

( Similar to "Java Development with Ant" first edition pp 80-81  but in
code
)

<property name="param" value="changes" />
<property name="changes" value="What I want" id="changes.prop" />
<property name="selector" value="${param}" />
<property name="Message" refid="${selector}.prop"/>
<echo message="Message = ${Message}"/>

Thanks
----

This message is private and confidential. If you have received this
message
in error, please notify postmaster@his.co.uk and remove it from your
system.

Please carry out your own virus check before opening attachments.

HISL Limited is a limited company registered in England and Wales.

Registered Number: 3202995. VAT number: 729-6256-05.

Registered Office: Chestnut Farm, Jill Lane, Sambourne, Redditch B96 6ES