ant-user mailing list archives

From "Paul J. Lucas" <p...@lucasmail.org>
Subject Re: Deleting .svn directories example doesn't work
Date Thu, 21 May 2009 20:36:24 GMT
On May 21, 2009, at 10:08 AM, David Weintraub wrote:

> The <fileset> resource collection is for files and not directories.
> True, the <delete> task can also remove empty directories once all the
> files are deleted, but the <fileset> resource collection really is
> just for files.
>
> What you want to do is remove directories. Therefore, you want the
> <dirset> resource collection.
>
>    <delete>
>        <dirset dir="${DIR}"
>           defaultexcludes="false">
>           <include name="**/.svn"/>
>       </dirset>
>   </delete>

This does not work either.  As I stated previous in a follow-up to
myself, what's needed is the trailing slash, e.g. "**/.svn/".

> By the way, why do you want to remove .svn directories?

Because I don't want them (why else?).

> If this is a working directory, you'll destroy its usability.

I'm aware of how svn works.

> If you simply want the files, you should use "svn export" which does
> the samething as an
> "svn co", but doesn't put in all those .svn directories.

There are built products in the set of files I'm copying.  svn export
does not copy files that are not under source control.

- Paul