ant-user mailing list archives

From Eric Fetzer <elstonk...@yahoo.com>
Subject Use of Sleep
Date Fri, 29 May 2009 15:45:37 GMT
I've seen a lot of folks following <exec> tasks with sleep.  Doesn't the exec task wait
for a return code prior to returning to the caller?  I inherited A BUNCH of Ant build files
that were just RIDDLED with 5 minutes of sleep here 10 minutes of sleep there...  The build
takes half of a day to finish when all is said and done.  To me, that is rediculous.  I
come from a dot net/NAnt environment where my longest build took 20 minutes and I wasn't happy
with that one.