ant-user mailing list archives

From Eric Fetzer <elstonk...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Using ant to change the compiler for javac tasks
Date Fri, 22 May 2009 19:06:38 GMT
Try:

<property name="compiler.folder" value="pathToJavac"/>

Then use the following in your javac task:

executable="${compiler.folder}"

________________________________
From: Frances Laverty <franceslaverty10@yahoo.co.uk>
To: user@ant.apache.org
Sent: Thursday, May 21, 2009 7:30:58 AM
Subject: Using ant to change the compiler for javac tasks

Hi,
I'm trying to set up CruiseControl to build my project, and the latest version of cc requires
java 5.  Unfortunately our project must be build with java 1.4, so i've been trying to incorporate
the compiler setting into my build.  I've got one build file that does everything, and i've
been trying to use set a global property as follows:  <property name="build.compile"
value="javac1.4"
This is supposed to set the javac compiler to 1.4 for every javac task in the rest of the
build, but it just doesn't do anything.  I've tried the <javac compiler.../> task also,
with no luck.  Any help or suggestions would be great, i'm a complete novice and have been
stuck at this for two days now - colleagues have been no help either!
Frances