ant-user mailing list archives

From David Raich <d.ra...@att.net>
Subject ant-contrib with Java 1.4?
Date Wed, 27 May 2009 00:51:17 GMT
Thanks for your suggestion to use ant-contrib and <for> for the
logging I needed over a file list.

It is working on most of my platforms that have JDKs of 1.4.2 and
above.  But it fails on one that has only 1.4.  I've found no
documentation listing this as a specific limitation, but that seems
to be the only environmental difference between an HPUX where it
works and one where it doesn't.

The error is:

   [taskdef] Could not load definitions from resource
net/sf/antcontrib/antlib.xml. It could not be found.

Is that a known limitation?  Or can anyone suggest another way to get
around this error?  The failure to accept <taskdef> basically kills
my ability to use any of the tasks from ant-contrib.  (I'm trying to
find a newer Java to swinstall on this machine, but keep running into
dependency problems.)