ant-user mailing list archives

From David Raich <d.ra...@att.net>
Subject Logging for apply task
Date Thu, 07 May 2009 22:06:03 GMT
Does anyone have a way to make <apply> log a one-line summary for
each file it applies its command to?

I'd like either the actual command issued, or at least the
filename.  This would help greatly for interpreting the error and
operation logs which, unfortunately, do not usually show the file
name in the errors and warnings, so it's hard to know which file each
is associated with.

The verbose attribute logs only a single summary line of the total
number of files operated on, while the ant -verbose command-line
option puts out way too much information.

I thought I might have a usable workaround/kludge with
<scriptmapper>, but I have not been able to make it function in my
environment.  After downloading the jars for bsf, js, and
commons-logging into my ant lib, I got the following error I could
not deal with, and finally gave up:

     [apply] java.security.PrivilegedActionException:
org.apache.bsf.BSFException: JavaScript Error: Internal Error:
org.mozilla.javascript.EcmaError: ReferenceError: "sourc" is not defined.

I'm trying to make this work on seven different Unix/Linux machines
and one Windows in various OS flavors, with Java versions ranging
from 1.4.2 to 1.6, but all with ant 1.7.0 or 1.7.1 installed.  The
above error was from a test on Windows with Java 1.6/Ant 1.7.1.