ant-user mailing list archives

From "Richard, Troy" <Troy.Rich...@blackhillscorp.com>
Subject RE: Problem with Ant and MailLogger
Date Tue, 12 May 2009 22:56:51 GMT
Thanks, I upgraded my JAVA SDK to the SR 8a version and it works now.

Thanks
Troy

-----Original Message-----
From: Eric Fetzer [mailto:elstonkers@yahoo.com]
Sent: Tuesday, May 12, 2009 3:48 PM
To: Ant Users List
Subject: Re: Problem with Ant and MailLogger

Error description
Error Message: Received java.io.IOException: Unexpected reply to
command: HELO <machine> when running ANT with -logger
org.apache.tools.ant.listener.MailLogger to send mail message.
.
Stack Trace: Can vary from application to application.
.
Local fix
Application using the java.io.PrintStream can use
PrintStream.flush() to flush the data and not to rely on
autoFlush=true to flush automatically.
Problem summary
The problem is caused when java.io.PrintStream is updated to
cater for EBCDIC platform.
Problem conclusion
This defect will be fixed in:
5.0.0 SR7
.
The java.io.PrintStream is updated to autoFlush on '\n' on ASCII
platform according to the specification.
.
To obtain the fix:
Install build 20071118 or later