ant-user mailing list archives

From "Richard, Troy" <Troy.Rich...@blackhillscorp.com>
Subject RE: Problem with Ant and MailLogger
Date Tue, 12 May 2009 20:27:28 GMT

-----Original Message-----
From: Francis Galiegue [mailto:fge@one2team.com]
Sent: Tuesday, May 12, 2009 2:25 PM
To: Ant Users List
Subject: Re: Problem with Ant and MailLogger

Le Tuesday 12 May 2009 22:20:19 Francis Galiegue, vous avez écrit :
> Le Tuesday 12 May 2009 22:09:09 Richard, Troy, vous avez écrit :
> > I'm getting the following error message:
> >
> > MailLogger failed to send e-mail!
> > java.io.IOException: Unexpected reply to command: HELO L00113: 451 4.7.0
> > Timeout waiting for client input
>
> This is an IOException. What's more, you get a timeout. Therefore, it seems
> that you're trying to send mail via a mail gateway that either:

Meh, I should really read better...

451: temporary failure, please try again later.

Your mail gateway has a problem... A 4xx code means a transient failure, and
you SHOULD NOT try and dialog any further. The "Timeout waiting for client
input" is therefore misleading.

--
Francis Galiegue
fge@one2team.com

Is it really temporary when it happens every time I try to run the program.  Not just today,
but anytime.

Thanks
Troy

This electronic message transmission contains information from Black Hills Corporation, its
affiliate or subsidiary, which may be confidential or privileged. The information is intended
to be for the use of the individual or entity named above. If you are not the intended recipient,
be aware the disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the contents of this information
is prohibited. If you received this electronic transmission in error, please reply to sender
immediately; then delete this message without copying it or further reading.