ant-user mailing list archives

From "Richard, Troy" <Troy.Rich...@blackhillscorp.com>
Subject RE: Problem with Ant and MailLogger
Date Tue, 12 May 2009 20:22:42 GMT
It is reachable, I have several java applications using javax.mail to send success and failure
emails that send out through the same mail server and those all go through fine.

Thanks
Troy

-----Original Message-----
From: Francis Galiegue [mailto:fge@one2team.com]
Sent: Tuesday, May 12, 2009 2:20 PM
To: Ant Users List
Subject: Re: Problem with Ant and MailLogger

Le Tuesday 12 May 2009 22:09:09 Richard, Troy, vous avez écrit :
> I'm getting the following error message:
>
> MailLogger failed to send e-mail!
> java.io.IOException: Unexpected reply to command: HELO L00113: 451 4.7.0
> Timeout waiting for client input

This is an IOException. What's more, you get a timeout. Therefore, it seems
that you're trying to send mail via a mail gateway that either:

1. is behind some sort of packet filtering equipment that drops anything from
you to the gateway having protocol TCP or port 25, or
2. is on the same physical network as the build machine but simply drops
anything from your machine, or
3. is just unreachable from your network and your router/filtering equipment
chooses to drop packets silently instead of returning ENETUNREACH, or
4. is on the same physical network as the build machine but is down -
completely down.

Are you dead sure that the mail domain you want to send mails to is actually
reachable from your machine?

--
Francis Galiegue
fge@one2team.com

This electronic message transmission contains information from Black Hills Corporation, its
affiliate or subsidiary, which may be confidential or privileged. The information is intended
to be for the use of the individual or entity named above. If you are not the intended recipient,
be aware the disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the contents of this information
is prohibited. If you received this electronic transmission in error, please reply to sender
immediately; then delete this message without copying it or further reading.