ant-user mailing list archives

From Frances Laverty <franceslavert...@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject Using ant to change the compiler for javac tasks
Date Thu, 21 May 2009 13:30:58 GMT
Hi,
I'm trying to set up CruiseControl to build my project, and the latest version of cc requires
java 5.  Unfortunately our project must be build with java 1.4, so i've been trying to incorporate
the compiler setting into my build.  I've got one build file that does everything, and i've
been trying to use set a global property as follows:  <property name="build.compile"
value="javac1.4"
This is supposed to set the javac compiler to 1.4 for every javac task in the rest of the
build, but it just doesn't do anything.  I've tried the <javac compiler.../> task also,
with no luck.  Any help or suggestions would be great, i'm a complete novice and have been
stuck at this for two days now - colleagues have been no help either!
Frances