ant-user mailing list archives

From Dominique Devienne <ddevie...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: String manipulation (parsing / padding)
Date Mon, 04 May 2009 15:48:54 GMT
On Mon, May 4, 2009 at 10:27 AM, Beth Hechanova <bhechanova@imsco-us.com> wrote:
> I have been using NAnt lately and it has some built in functions for
> doing this sort of string manipulation.  Now I need to implement the
> same logic in Ant scripts.  I have been looking for something similar in
> Ant, but I have yet to come across anything.  I am using Ant v1.7.1.

Ant doesn't have a task for everything, in part because it's easy to add them in
Java, but also because little formatting things like your need can
also be implemented
in a true scripting language (javascript, jython, beanshell, etc...)
hosted inside Ant.

Take a look at the <script> task and the pick your favorite scripting language.
<script> exposes the Ant Project instance, from which you can access and set
properties. Search the archives for many examples. --DD