ant-user mailing list archives

From Francis Galiegue <...@one2team.com>
Subject Re: Problem with Ant and MailLogger
Date Tue, 12 May 2009 20:20:19 GMT
Le Tuesday 12 May 2009 22:09:09 Richard, Troy, vous avez écrit :
> I'm getting the following error message:
>
> MailLogger failed to send e-mail!
> java.io.IOException: Unexpected reply to command: HELO L00113: 451 4.7.0
> Timeout waiting for client input

This is an IOException. What's more, you get a timeout. Therefore, it seems
that you're trying to send mail via a mail gateway that either:

1. is behind some sort of packet filtering equipment that drops anything from
you to the gateway having protocol TCP or port 25, or
2. is on the same physical network as the build machine but simply drops
anything from your machine, or
3. is just unreachable from your network and your router/filtering equipment
chooses to drop packets silently instead of returning ENETUNREACH, or
4. is on the same physical network as the build machine but is down -
completely down.

Are you dead sure that the mail domain you want to send mails to is actually
reachable from your machine?

--
Francis Galiegue
fge@one2team.com