ant-user mailing list archives

From Francis Galiegue <...@one2team.com>
Subject Re: How to kill child process with control-c
Date Tue, 05 May 2009 15:32:17 GMT
Le mardi 05 mai 2009, viet nguyen a écrit :

> I have an exec task (spawn=false) that calls jmeter.sh/jmeter.bat which in
> turn launches a java process.  Control-C only kills ant but does nothing to
> jmeter java process.  I can confirm that jmeter app doesn't have any special
> shutdown hooks as I can kill the process with control-c when
> jmeter.sh/jmeter.bat is executed directly at the command line.
> My ant version=1.7.1

I have exactly the same problem with <junit fork="true">... So, this is not
limited to <exec>.

I haven't had the opportunity to reproduce the problem yet, but my guess is
that the stdin, stdout and stderr of the fork()ed process(es) are not set to
the current terminal. Hence, the INTR signal doesn't propagate to ant's
children.

--
Francis Galiegue
ONE2TEAM