ant-user mailing list archives

From Sam Berlin <sber...@gmail.com>
Subject taskdef jars, unloading & deleting
Date Wed, 13 May 2009 19:36:49 GMT
Hi Folks,

I have an issue with ant 1.7.1 where I need to delete jars that were loaded
as a taskdef through a call to <ant> to run a separate project's build
scripts.  The scenario is:

master script:
 1) Downloads code from CVS to a temporary directory
 2) Runs preparation tasks
 3) Runs: <ant antfile="/temporary-directory/code/build.xml"
inheritAll="false" target="jar"/>
   3a) inner script loads ant-contribs & ivy as taskdefs.  Both these
taskdefs are loaded from classpaths that are within the
/temporary/directory/code/[lib/jars/ant]
 4) Delete temporary directory
 5) Run steps 1 -> 4 again, with different preparation tasks.

Unfortunately, it looks like step #4 fails because the ant-contrib.jar &
ivy.jar are locked and cannot be deleted.  Apparently the master script is

Is it possible to unload a taskdef or scope an <ant> call to not extend
taskdefs to the parent script?

Any other thoughts on how I can accomplish this?

Thanks very much!

Sam